Welcome

I go to school in Portsmouth, NH at The Robert J. Lister Academy, I have a mission to go to Costa Rica! The reason for this mission is first of all I decided to take a class all about Costa Rica and believe me it's no walk in the park on a sunny day. I have to fund raise $1800.00 for myself. I am currently studying tourism for when I get to Costa Rica. Everything about Costa Rica is so amazing to me, I love animals, nature, adventure, and the travel. For myself this trip is a once in a life time chance. The reason the trip is a once in a life time chance for me is because I don't come from a wealthy family at all so it really cuts what I get to do.

This trip could even be life changing to myself as well as others in my class. I have always loved the outdoors and animals so its amazing that I get to do something like this and pursue my dreams. Before this year i have always been a slacker in school, this year really changed me and my teachers really showed me to be mature and do what I want to do. I really want to have more knowledge on the Costa Rican culture, lifestyle, and just live the life of the Costa Rican for 10 days. As of right now we have already started to fund raise by having a car wash, gardening at our school, held a booth at the Stratham fair (and met Gov. John Lynch), we raffled a laptop. If you would like to donate to our class, or to myself please contact my email. mshattuck.student@gmail.com
or you can contact my teach Bryan Mascio at
bmascio@portsmouth.k12.nh.us

Thank You so much for taking the time to read my blog. Come back soon!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Almost There!!

Sorry I haven't had any blog post for a little while. Recently on December 19,2010 my house burned down, my family and I lost everything we owned. This was the most terrible thing that has ever happened to us, but with all the support there was some good outcome at the same time. Our class had a a day where everyone had to choose a Costa Rican food to cook and feed to our school. Unfortunately I was not able to be in school, so another student, Sammi, offered to bring some of the food that our class cooked so i could still be a part of it. I think that was amazing to see the school still trying hard to make sure I don't feel left out during this hard time.
I looked kind of far back into the book when Wolf and Lucky's tent burned down and they lost everything. I know EXACTLY how they felt when it first happened, and I know how it felt when the shock wore off. Anytime that you hear about something like this you really dont know what it feels like until it happenes to you personally. I just wanted to say I am very greatful that all of us got out of the house safely! Thank you to everyone who has done anything to help, even if it was just saying "I am here for you!" I also wanted to say I am very sorry to anyone who has ever had to go through something as terrible as this. Having to go through this is one of the most terrible things that could ever happen to anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment